Wednesday, June 10, 2009

fun little game

So, one of my faves 1/4 of an Inch is having a really cute discussion on her blog about names. Mine is relatively new but has a cute meaning I guess. I have 2.5 meaning for my name. I say 2.5 because one of the reasons is actually 2....

One. Sometimes I have potty mouth. Ok, allot of the times I have potty mouth. Especially when I am crafting. Crap is a word that you hear quite often coming out of my mouth. So a little play on words went from "Oh, Crap!" to "Oh, Craft!"

Two. When I say this word/phrase I have 2 ways that I say it. You can say that my blog has split personalities, because I like to think of my blog and my crafting as two distinct people..
a)I live in the united states. Minnesota to be exact. People here talk very similar to in the movie FARGO. With a thick northern accent Oh, Craft! is woman wearing a festive sweater vest saying the name like OOH Cray-ft. Serving Kool-aid and hot dish and cupcakes for dessert.

b)However, my mother is a Southern Belle so to speak. She really has a pretty thick accent still. When I was a little girl I desperatly wanted to grow up and be one of the girls at Cypress gardens to be a real southern belle.

With the giant dress, bustle and a glass of mint julep saying the name like HOH Cra-IFT. Think Scarlet O'hara or Blanche Devereaux.


"I done know nothin bout bloggin Miss Scarlette!"

Mostly though. I think it is my potty mouth.

I think it is interesting why people choose names for things, businesses, children, books, what ever and I wanted to take part.

You should head on over and join the conversation if you like.


Got some crafting done yesterday. I will be back later with some photos.

~j.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Yours is very cute...I can here myself exclaiming that on a regular basis!

Tam xo

suesueb said...

your story of your name was funny-we should all say oh, craft!! when we need to "express" ourselves!

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates