Monday, June 15, 2009

craft club

Saturday I went to craft club with my mother. It was really fun actually! There was just me, mom and Y. It was so nice to spread out. I craft in the tiniest of all tiny spaces. OUR DINING ROOM TABLE. Many of you may say that it is not so bad, that maybe even you might do that. However our DR table is tiny. about 3 feet by 2 feet. I swear. It is the JOKKMOKK from Ikea. We spent a whopping 125 on it, the 4 chairs, and the chair pads. It works perfect for dinner for the three of us, and since J was 4 when we got it we wanted something that if he colored on it or spilled oatmeal (that we don't find till after we get home form milk and it has now seeped into the wood and permanently stained it white) on, it wont mater. HOWEVER it sucks for crafting.

I have to keep my Mobile Sewing room next to me on the floor.

The other problem I have is that I have to stay organized but I have to move everything 14 times in one day. So I started to use giant shopping bags, and Ziploc bags to keep all of my "current" projects in.

It works pretty good. I am still praying like no one has ever prayed before that we get this house we are trying to buy....not only is it 12 times bigger than the house we live in now...but I get a CRAFT ROOM! Holey Guacamole! T has decided to give up his idea of a sports room to allow me to have a craft room. I think he is just sick of seeing my sewing machine next to him when he is eating his dinner. But heck! I will take it!

So any way I went to craft club. It is a monthly stitch and bitch that I have not been able to go to yet because I always worked on Saturday's. And since I am now unemployed I can go! It takes place at her and Y's work. Apparently most of the other women that usually go work there too, but since my mom works there I am invited. We craft in their training room which has these lovely long tables that you can spread out all over.

I was the last to show up and we were not there for very long before we heard it....
**beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep**
Some how I set off the security alarm.
Oops.
The cops came.

He thought it was kind of funny that there were 3 chicks in the training room all sewing away!
He gave my mom some sheet of paper and let us do our thing.

Apparently most weeks, there is not so much drama...I must bring it.

So, at craft club I decided to start on a quilt. Why? I am not sure. I have never made one. My mom is really into it and I had some scraps. So here are my materials I picked out.

The brown is a chenille (bear costume material) and the stripes are a flannel cozy material that I made some pants out of a long time ago. The other 4 are just cottons that I had made some aprons out of. I got all of the pieces cut. I was going to use some pale pink Cotton thread but my mom took me to JoAnns and I got this really pretty Fuchsia to Pale Pin Variegated thread that I am really excited about.

**I am so happy that (while you have not made yourself known yet) other people get excited about new thread, and that I am not the only one in the world who does this**

I also got one of the diaper covers done...well except for the elastic...for baby A.

We had a really busy weekend full of graduation parties and 5th birthdays! J took some time out to paint a soccer ball.


I like it when the kid crafts. It makes me feel like I am rubbing off on him a little. I hope that every one had a great weekend.
~j

3 comments:

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Good way to get a craft room, just leave your stuff out until your husband gets tired of looking at it, I'll have to try this! I hope you get your house!

dana said...

That bear diaper cover is too cute. Fun stuff.
Thanks for your comment on MADE. I'm impressed you sew for girls and give it away! your friends must love you.

Debi said...

LOL@ City Chic, I have to try this. I have been tying to convince my husband to tear out our 1970 rock wall and woodburning stove so I can get a huge crafting table to put there or a L shaped desk. It's hard to be crafty when you have such disorganization ... is that a word? lol Good luck on the house!!
~Lizzy

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates