Wednesday, July 1, 2009

photo cube

I had been meaning to do something like this for a while. A few years back I made some coasters for gramma with pictures of her grandkids and kids on them. She said that they were too pretty to use and she keeps them hidden in the kitchen. I wanted to make something that she could keep out on the coffee table for when her Red Hat Ladies came over she could show them.

I took 1.5 inch blocks and colored the edges blue.


Picked out some pictures and used a double sided adhesive to attach the pictures to the blocks.


I didn't like the adhesive. It was not strong enough so I covered it with clear packing tape. I have to try to do something different. I am not happy with the tape. Here is the final project though. I will put up a post of try #2.



Also I said that I would not be dying anything again...but I went for it. I wanted dark brown chenille. So I got white again.

It is textured and for the 5 quilts I am going to make. I will let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

M said...

I'm thinking this is great. Decopauge paste might work.

Mike - Crafty Dad said...

Howdy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Puppy Update. It's a 'he', not a 'she'. And 'he' is adorable and soft and cuddly and smells like a .... puppy. He's a sweetie for sure.

Have a great 4th of July!~

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates