Thursday, July 16, 2009

It was fun but it is done

SO I am very sad that the summer school class is done. We had so much fun. J came with and was the only boy but he had a blast.

We made a bunch of things that had to do with the ocean.

Monday we made oceans in a jar. I took large mason jars and had the kids put sea shells, marbles, and little plastic fish in them. We filled the jar with water and then added blue food coloring. I put about a cup of regular old cooking oil in the jars and then we closed them up. When you shake them up you have an ocean in the jar! The kids LOVED to make them! I let them put stickers on the outside of the jars. The stickers are seethru so it made it look like the pictures were on the inside of the jar!

Tuesday we made Tie Dye tshirts. I did not ask any parents if I could put their child on my web site so I just made them all into smiley faces!



Wednesday we made sparkly shell frames. I bought a bunch of bleached clam shells and plain picture frames. The kids painted the frames and then put glitter on the shells. I glued the shells onto the frames. I took pictures of them and then super imposed them into an undersea background. This is J's so you get an idea. Then I put them into the picture frames. The kids thought that was super funny.



Today we made Beach bums. I took jelly sized mason jars and let the kids layer the sand (my colored sand I made last week!) into the jar. After they did that I had straw hats, hair, wiggle eyes, pipe cleaners, foam surfboards, and pom poms for them to make the jars into little people. J said that this was is favorite.

Well then he changed is mind to the ocean in the jar. Then he changed his mind to the Tie Dye. I think that that means he liked them all.

The other girls in the class really want me to teach other classes.

It was such a fun week I am really sad that it had to end. The kids were all so creative and adorable and funny. I really had a blast. I probably had more fun than they did! It was really nice having J in my class because he was an honest oppinion of my teaching skills.

Now I just have to graduate so I can teach all the time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates