Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I am back

After a LONG hiatus I am back. Things have happened and lives have changed. I still craft and will always continue to. I have been really busy with school and TRYING to find a job. At the beginning of the week I prayed that that two good things would happen to me, one that I would get into St. Kate's (a private university here in St. Paul) and that I would finally find a job. So far I have gotten into St. Kate's, and although I am very excited I am very woried about the cost of attending there. It is close to $14,000 a semester and although I do have a $5,000 academic scholarship I am still a little worried about paying for everything. This is why I really need the job. I have applied at seriously over a hundred places all to be told that they are currently not hiring but will keep my application on file. OR I have been told I can have a job but....January 4th I will be laid off again. I am looking for part time work only so that I can concentrate on graduating and getting a real job...as a teacher. Unfortunately, since I am a full time student I do not qualify for unemployment in the state of Minnesota, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can get unemployment but I will have to drop out or drop to part time, and I cant lie and say that "no I am not in school" because I have a government backed student loan.

So I really just need this other thing-getting a job- to happen to me this week.

I will be getting back to the crafting thing shortly. I have a few projects that I am currently working on (what else is new) and will post them shortly. I have been teaching after school classes to elementary children for a few weeks now. It is very fun and rewarding. This week they are making graham cracker castles.

Cheers for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates